If you’ve ever wanted to give your photos the classic, warm saturated tones of Kodachrome, this is the Lightroom preset pack for you. The K-chrome Pack will give your images a dramatic look with stunning warmth and incredible tones.
This pack is a great compliment to the presets in my free starter back. Most of the presets in the starter pack are minimalistic, desaturated and clean, which make them well-suited for fashion and city photography. The K-chrome pack gives you a completely different look that is bold and vivid, but still very organic feeling.
The K-chrome is perfect for bold landscape photography, environmental portraits, travel photography & more.
Not only do these presets help to capture that look, but they give you even more power in your editing workflow by using the powerful adjustments available inside Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw.
$18 – K-Chrome Lightroom / ACR Preset
- K-CHROME 01 / – / – – / – – – / +
- K-CHROME 02 / – / – – / – – – / +
- K-CHROME 03 / – / – – / – – – / +
There are 15 Lightroom Presets & 15 ACR Presets included in this pack.
This is broken up into 3 primary emulations, with 5 strengths of each
- K-CHROME 01: The K-CHROME 01 Preset will give your photos a bold look with deep blacks and lots of “pop” in the mid-tones and highlights. It has a cool color palette, with a pleasing green-tint. To me, it’s perfect for bold city snapshots.
- K-CHROME 02: The K-CHROME 02 Preset will give your photos a gorgeous warm, glowing tone that’s really reminiscent of Kodachrome. While this film also adds some “pop” to photos, the slight fade in the dark tones give this film a more classic analog feel. The color palette also adds beautiful, lush greens and golden yellows. This preset is my favorite of the pack!
- K-CHROME 03: The K-CHROME 03 Preset will give your photos a rich, bold look, with extreme depth in the darker tones and softer highlights. The color palette is heavy on red, but this is balanced with a blue-tint in the highlights. Use this preset to bring out deep, rich colors in your photos.
The strength levels act like sliders, so you can dial up or down the strength for each of the presets:
- Regular 100%
- [-] 75%
- [–] 50%
- [—] 25%
- [+] 125%
I think the are especially usually for this pack because the K-Chrome is a very dramatic preset, and if you are like me, you will often finding yourself wanting to pull back the intensity just a tad. This does that in a very carefully calculated way.
Images in this section have been submitted by actual users of my K-Chrome pack. If you use my K-Chrome pack and you’d like to be featured in this gallery, just tag me in your photo on Instagram (I’m @firstnate), or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before & After Examples
Here are some before and after examples of using the K Chrome Lightroom Presets.
No other adjustments were made to these images other than applying the preset.
Handcrafted for Stunning Results
To make each effect as versatile as possible, I use the advanced Lightroom modules that create the best results across a large variety of picture types.
For example, on poorly designed film presets, you will see a lot of the adjustments taking place in the “basic” module. Relying too much on these basics adjustments creates presets that look unnatural and break easily.
These presets, though, are crafted to create beautiful & dynamics effects across all kinds of images. All of the changes you see are coming from precise adjustments inside Lightroom’s more advanced modules– like the Camera Calibration module, the Tone Curve module and the HSL module.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will this work with both Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw?
A. Yes. The download includes presets for both Lightroom and for Adobe Camera Raw. So you can use these presets with Adobe Photoshop even if you don’t have Adobe Lightroom.
Q. Will this work with both JPEG and RAW files?
A. Yes, you can use these presets on both JPEG and RAW files.
Q. When I use with RAW files, what camera profile should I use?
A. I strongly recommend using the “Camera Standard” profile in the “Camera Calibration” module (the last module) when using these filters with RAW files. The standard “Adobe” and “ACR” profiles may throw off the accuracy of your results. The presets should set this correctly for you automatically, but anything appears to be way off, this is likely the culprit.
Q. What if it doesn’t work for me or I don’t like it?
A. These presets come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t love what it does for your photos, just let me know and I’ll issue a full-refund.
In case you missed it above, here is another link to purchase:
$18 – K-Chrome Lightroom / ACR Preset
Tell me what you think!
I’d love to hear what you think! Just drop me a comment below!